Chuck Byrn Answers Our Proust Questions!
What is Proust?
Way back at the end of the 19th century, a young novelist by the name of Marcel Proust answered some questions for his friend Antoinette (daughter of future French President Félix Faure). Thanks to his responses, we now have the famous Proust Questionnaire. If you subscribe to the cultural catalyst which is Vanity Fair, then you are no doubt familiar with this questionnaire and the political figures, actors and cultural celebrities they feature.
Today’s lab rat is Chuck Byrn, a stand up comic and writer. He’s a frequent performer at many comedy events including the Halifax and Winnipeg Comedy Festivals and has toured extensively as a nationwide headliner for more than twenty years. Chuck is currently working as a writer for a new series for CBC entitled “Of All Places” set to air at the beginning of 2015. When not on the road performing Chuck enjoys spending time with his family and eating sandwiches.
Today Chuck showcases his clever wit as he discusses his incredible brilliance and inconsiderable Nikes.
Without further ado, I give you the Proust questionnaire by Chuck Byrn himself:
Chuck Byrn: Author, Laid Back Family Man & Self Indulgent Sapiophile
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
No wake-up call.
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What historical figure do you most identify with?
4. What living person do you most admire?
5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
6. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
8. On what occasion do you lie?
9. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
How it creates jealousy in others.
10. When and where were you happiest?
Mustard on a Sandwich? I Think Not!
11. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
12. If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?
13. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Making a living for twenty years on my own terms.
14. If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would it be?
15. What is your most treasured possession?
16. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Haven’t been there yet, but I imagine it’s raining.
17. Who are your heroes in real life?
Friends who make me laugh.
18. Who are your heroes of fiction?
19. What is it that you most dislike?
20. How would you like to die?
An Ode to Loyalty, Hair, & Other things Amenable to Chuck
21. What word or phrase do you most overuse?
Dear Lord in heaven.
22. My first time performing was…
Eye opening: 1994 Vancouver.
23. My last time performing was…
Awesome. You should have been there.
24. Other comics think I’m…
You’d have to ask them.
25. What are your favourite qualities in a man?
26. What are your favourite qualities in a woman?
27. Where would you like to live?
28. What is your motto?
Thanks to those who laughed and sorry to those who didn’t.
Catch up with Chuck:
After a summer of writing, Chuck will be touring through Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan as part of the Investors Group Comedy Tour.