Jeff Elliot Gives It to Proust
What is Proust?
Way back at the end of the 19th century, a young novelist by the name of Marcel Proust answered some questions for his friend Antoinette (daughter of future French President Félix Faure). Thanks to his responses, we now have the famous Proust Questionnaire. If you subscribe to the cultural catalyst which is Vanity Fair, then you are no doubt familiar with this questionnaire and the political figures, actors and cultural celebrities they feature.
Today we have Jeff Elliot, a stand up comic from Oshawa, ON. His clean and clever comedy has made him a favourite at clubs, however, behind his wide eyed, laid back style, lies a razor sharp wit that continually leaves audiences in stitches. Jeff has quickly established himself as a rising star in the Canadian comedy scene, having appeared at the Calgary Comedy Festival and Hogtown Comedy Festival in Toronto. As well, he can be heard on XM Satellite Radio. As a writer, Jeff freelances for several major advertising agencies as well as being a staff writer for MSN.ca
When he is not wowing audiences and readers with his incredible writing, Jeff can also be seen in his many commercials. He has appeared in international campaigns for many large companies such as Budweiser, Honda and Canadian Tire. Regardless of the medium, Jeff is an undeniable talent that should not be missed. Today Jeff shares how close he came to Everest and his obsession with shoulder hair.
Without further ado, I give you the Proust questionnaire by Jeff Elliot himself:
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Laughing to the point of tears.
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What historical figure do you most identify with?
Winston Churchill, we both look good in hats.
4. What living person do you most admire?
Muhammad Ali, pure badass.
5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Physical? Shoulder hair, otherwise, shyness, which is caused mostly by the shoulder hair.
6. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Physically, People who wear tank top, back to the shoulder hair. Otherwise, fakeness.
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
8. On what occasion do you lie?
9. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
Oh, this one is shoulder hair for sure.
10. When and where were you happiest?
The moment before my alarm goes off in my bed.
A Tale of Life Beyond the Hair, and Proximity to Peaceful Co-Existence
11. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Beyond the shoulder hair? I would put myself out there more.
12. If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?
13. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I read a book about climbing mount Everest. It was really long.
14. If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would it be?
I would like to come back as a fish but knowing my luck I would come back as a losing lottery ticket.
15. What is your most treasured possession?
My brain and my shoulder hair trimmers.
16. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Not being able to laugh…especially at yourself.
17. Who are your heroes in real life?
18. Who are your heroes of fiction?
19. What is it that you most dislike?
20. How would you like to die?
A Life Spent in Search of Integrity and Kicking Yesterday’s Ass
21. What word or phrase do you most overuse?
Am I right?
22. My first time performing was?
23. My last time performing was?
Most likely yesterday.
24. Other comics think I’m?
Able to read their thoughts?
27. Where would you like to live?
Above ground. Basements suck and so does being buried I would assume.
28. What is your motto?
Kick ass and ask questions later.
Upcoming Show & Tour Dates:
- Aug 6,7,8 headlining, Niagara Falls, Yuk Yuks
- Aug 20-22 headlining, Halifax, Yuk Yuks
- Aug 27-29 headlining, St. John’s, Yuk Yuks